Thursday, 22 January 2009

Papertake weekly challenge "Shape Up"

Although I've been card making for a few years I haven't made an awful lot of Valentine's cards in the past, and,... shock horror..... for the last few years I have bought hubby's Valentine's card ...I'm so ashamed...lol


So I thought I would make a few different cards to see what I could come up with. I know these aren't traditional colours for Valentine's cards particularly but hey who cares lol.

I thought I would make it for this week's Papertake Challenge Shape Up.

The challenge is to use 3 shapes on your card, so I've got heart, square, rectangle and the funny wavy shape as well! The floral stamp and sentiment is by Anna Griffin.

I'm not sure that this will be the card I give hubby as I've designed some others which I will be posting on my blog in the next few weeks., but at least he won't be getting a shop bought one this year!

15 comments:

Mandi said...

GORJUS as always Sarita
mandi xoxo

Sharon said...

Stunning card Sarita. Who cares that they are not traditional colours - we need to push those boundaries. This is spectacular and anyone would be delighted to receive it.
Sharon xx

joey said...

Hi Sarita, this is absolutely stunning! I love it. joey xxx

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Oh my goodness Sarita, i think hubby will just love this card. I think the colours are just perfect and the papers are perfectly matched as always. Such a classy sophisticated valentines card, thank you for even more inspiration! hugs Linda x

LOUISE said...

Fabulous card Sarita, love it! The colours are gorgeous. Louise x

Sue said...

Stunning card Sarita, luv the embelishment you have used, beautiful, sue.x

All Pink girl said...

Oh wow what a stunning and very classy card ,love it ,hugs Dawnxx

Tara said...

Gorgeous creation Sarita and I think it's better in non traditional colours, more unique! Glad to see you experimenting with colours anyway, lol! xx

cats whiskers said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!!!!! perfect valentines card such wonderful composition and those colours and papers are to die for
big hugs
Jacqui x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Great use of shape and colour, love that paper, really elegant, hugs Heidi xxx

Georgia said...

This is really, really nice. I love what you've done with the ribbon!
xxx

Cardmaking Galore said...

Wow stunning card! Love the colour and the little heart. thanks for visiting my blog.

Bev said...

Breathtaking! Wowzer this is just amazing!!

hugs Bev x

steph said...

Great card Sarita! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This card is just gorgeous, similar to one you just posted that just caught my eye on SCS -- you have great style!!!