Wednesday, 28 January 2009

Impulse buying....

You know how it is........you go to your local craft shop.......something nice catches your eye that you haven't seen before......so on impulse you buy it........but then you get home and haven't got a clue what to do with it...

Well, that's exactly what happened to me recently......I saw these gorgeous Maya Road chipboard scroll corners and just had to have them....(they even come with their own little carry case which of course clinched the deal lol)....
anyway....when I them got the home I realised they were quite large to use on a standard 6" x 6" card.... perhaps they're meant more for scrapbooking I don't know.

Anyway, I played with them for quite a while, turning them this way then that, and this was what I eventually came up with.

It's quite a simple card I suppose.... not an awful lot to it I know......but it took me ages to decide where to put that scroll lol....

Now I know I keep going on about stamping my own background designs, but I'll always make the exception for Pink Petticoat papers. This design is from the "Old Fashioned Girl" papers which I absolutely adore....I just added a little grunging around the edges and some stitching to finish it off.

10 comments:

Tara said...

This is fabulous Sarita, sometimes you don't need much on a card. I think the image and that scroll say it all.... stunning! xx

Mandi said...

Maybe simple to your standards Sarita but its still FABULOUS hun mandi xoxox

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Great use of scrolls, I have them but mine have stayed in their little tin for ages. May have to go find them and play. Such a stunner Sarita, wonderful colours! Heidi xxx

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hun this is just stuning what a fabulous stamps and great swirls, I so love this CD from PP some great papers on it. reat card again dear just what we expect from you
big hugs
Jacqui x

Julie said...

Hello Sarita

I'm Julie from INSPIRATIONAL

You'll find us here http://inspirationalcraftblogs.blogspot.com/

I'd love to feature some of your creations on Inspirational and of course link back to your blog so others can find you

Please let me know if I have permission by either leaving a comment on my Scrapping Away blog or emailing inspirational.blogs@gmail.com

Julie x

Georgia said...

This is lovely Sarita! It's really classy and stylish!
Love, Georgia xxxx

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

What a fabulous card hunny and i adore the corner flourish, it looks great where it is! hugs Linda x

Marcea said...

gorgeous cards babe - loving them all. Massive CONGRATULATIONS for being featured on Inspirational - no surprise co I love your work!!!! Haven't been able to leave a comment on your new cards - have you changed your posting format???
Have a fab weekend and well done again!
-x-

Sandra said...

Hi Sweetie, not sure why but I can't leave a comment on the above two posts so I thought I'd leave one here. CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on being chosen to be on 'Inspirational'... I'm not suprised though, your cards are magnificent!
Have you been to The Craft Barn yet? I too live about an hour away but I'm on the South Coast. Usually manage to get there once or twice a month. Let me know how you get on. Oo and keep an eye out for my stamps (they're on right hand wall as soon as you walk into the shop ;o)
Hugs
Sandra xx

Chris said...

Fabulous card Sarita as are the Valentine cards above which I wasn't able to leave a comment for, I love them all and I wouldn't have thought there was anything misplaced in either of them, they're so beautiful. Huge congratulations on being feated on Inspirational, I know how exciting that is, enjoy your moment, you deserve it. Hugs, Chris x