Saturday, 10 January 2009

A New Year's Resolution and a trip to IKEA...

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to use stamps that I bought a long time ago but have yet to use, and this is the first card I have made doing just that.



The leafy flourish is by Impression Obsession, and the background design is by B line Designs, which can be found at one of my favourite craft websites, L B Crafts.

Now I have some really exciting news...well, OK it won't be to you but to me it is...I'm moving into a much larger craft room!!


I currently have the smallest room in the house as my craft room, which I know I'm lucky to have, but I really have outgrown it. My ever expanding stash of craft stuff is spilling off shelves and falling out of cupboards. After a lot of persuading....OK a lot of arm twisting....hubby agreed that I could convert one of the larger bedrooms into a craft room!!


So, no sooner had he got the words out, I suggested a trip to IKEA to purchase some new worktop and shelving etc. Now anyone who knows me knows I HATE IKEA....no no, I don't mean the furniture, just the shop itself. It's just so vast, and I know it's probably just my age, but I find it so confusing. I mean you know there is something wrong when you find arrows on the floor to tell you which direction to walk in. It somehow makes it no easier for me...


Anyway, after a gruelling two hours round IKEA I did manage to get everything to kit out my new room, and I'm so glad I persevered. It will be a few weeks yet before it's ready but I will post pictures when it's finished.


15 comments:

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Another stunner Sarita, super use of colour and textures. xxx

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Just stunning. Loving all the flourishes and love the gorgeous bow. look forward to seeing your new room!
Judy x

Tara said...

Another beautiful card Sarita, I love the way you're using your stamps to create your own papers!
Lucky you having a craft room, I have taken over the dining room, lol! xx

Steph said...

Just beautiful! Love the pink and black together and especially love that flower!
Oooh, can't wait to see the new room. I got my new craft room stuff from Ikea in November! (don't know whether you saw it, there's an old post on my blog)

cats whiskers said...

Another stunning card dear, it is jst beautiful I love the use of the pinks and blacks yo have been using lately. Lucky you a whole new craft room
Hugs Jacqui x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Oh Sarita, this is another stunning card hunny. I have to say i just adore your style of cards. I love seeing what you've created next, and you certainly made my day by the comment you left on my blog - i just can't wait till you get the downloads sorted!!! not before time hunny too, as i know they will be very popular indeed, you are so talented. You will need that bigger craft room once those downloads come out as we will be badgering you for more and more!! Your new room will look stunning im sure. You are lucky moving to a larger room, unlike me, having to downsize!! However, im sure things will soon be spilling out of boxes and off of shelves in your new room, as we seem to fill every available space, dont we? hugs for now Linda x

Rica said...

Stunningly beautiful, I love the colours you've used - gogeous.
I know what you mean about Ikea - I always come home exhausted - but happy with my purchases.
hugs Heather xx

Mandi said...

Another goegeous card Sarita. Im envious of your trip to IKEA as Ive never been to one...shame eh hehe Have fun and Big Congrats on the move!! Hugs xx

Kim Piggott said...

Wow! your card is just so beautiful! I love, love those stamps and your papers are gorgeous.
So happy about you getting more crafting space can't wait to see photo's.
hugs
kim x

Linda said...

Hi Sarita, another great card. Thanks for leaving a comment on my site, and thanks for asking how my dad is. He's getting slowly to a 100%. xx

Sue said...

Beautiful card sairta, luv the pink n black, sue.xx

Sandra said...

What a beautiful card and a great idea to use some of your stamps that haven't been used yet. I've got loads that I've had for years that have yet to see any ink. I should take a leaf out of your book. CoNgRaTs on the new and improved craftroom. Hope you are able to post some piccies once you have settled in.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Marcea said...

Gorgeous card!!! So pretty. Well done on surviving Ikea - it is a total nightmare but at least you gor everything you needed
-x-

gina g said...

Stunning card Sarita well done on using stamps you've not used yet think i will have to do that too.Bet you cant wait now for your new craft room lol. luv gina xx

Justine said...

Wow Sarita, this is stunning!! I've just found your blog via Heidi aka the Crafty Goat Girl... so glad I did, will be back for more soon!
Justine