Saturday, 24 January 2009

A change of style....

You know it's strange looking back over old photos of my cards I realised how much my style of card making has changed. This card was made at least a year ago.

The papers are by Pink Petticoat, who's papers I love and still use in my crafting, but there has been a very distinct shift in my style of card making.

I now love the distressed look, and vintage cards, and I tend to do more collage style cards. I like to create my own backing papers and tend not to rely on using an image to create a card. And I love grunging up my papers and stitching, techniques I had never used until recently.

I don't that I will ever return to this style of card making but it was good taking a trip down my card making memory lane lol.

10 comments:

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Hi Sarita, i can see your style has changed but equally as gorgeous! i love this card and i love the pink petticoate images. Having said that your distressed cards are truly gorgeous and amongst my favourites i've ever come across!

Hun any news on those downloads yet? Hugs Linda x

Mandi said...

This is they style that ooozes you Sarita, its what I think of as 'you' But having said that your newer ones are just as breath taking! You're just too good girl lol mandi xoxo

Sue said...

OH WOW Sarita
what a stunning card, luv all the details, i so struggle with layer a card up like this, really gorgeous, sue.x

Marcea said...

Gorgeous card hun, love all your styles, new and old. ALways nice to take a stroll down memory lane
-x-

Rica said...

Hi Sarita,
LOL - I find it embarrassing looking at some of my older cards now. Your style may have changed but your talent is still there.
I've just been given an award and I'm passing it on to some of my new playmates at Colour create.
Collect at will.
hugs Heather xx

Georgia said...

Hello Sarita,
There's something for you on my blog...
Georgia xxxx

P.S. This card is so pretty!

Sharon said...

Both styles suit you Sarita. This is gorgeous, but I do love your newer style too. Pop over to my blog when you get a minute because I have something on there for you.
Sharon xx

Tara said...

Well I know your style has changed Sarita, but I think this is absolutely stunning! I was hooked on your cards from day one, you have amazing talent! xx

cats whiskers said...

Hi Saratia this is just stunning again dear, love the feathers perfect touch and of course all the layering and papers. I do love this sttle but I also adore your vintage look cards
Hugs Dear
Jacqui x

Steph said...

I just love ALL your cards- I don't care what style!! x