Saturday, 29 November 2008

Getting more creative...

I have made an early New Year's resolution. To cut the cost of my crafting (long theatrical pause). If hubby could see this he would be rolling his eyes in disbelief and rolling around on the floor laughing. Well, OK try and cut the cost of crafting lol.... I have in the past bought lots of designer backing papers but I have so many beautiful background stamps that just never get to see the light of day... am I the only crafter who buys stamps just to covet? (an even longer theatrical pause) Well, I have decided that no longer will I just keep my stamps just to look at, I will get them out and be creative.


I used an Elusive Images damask floral stamp which is one of my favourites. I used direct to paper technique with chalk ink pads in dusty plum and lime pastel, and then randomly stamped the floral image over the top.

The corner stamp is from Debbie Moore which I really love.
The swirl is by Fancy Pants called "Pollen Duste".

I absolutely loved making this card, I felt so much more creative and I'm totally hooked on making more cards in this way.

16 comments:

gina g said...

well i'm not surprised that you loved making this card its absolutely gorgeous Sarita i love it. luv gina xxx

Sue said...

beautiful card Sarita, lovely background image, i keep saying i will use mine more but, well but i dont! lol. sue.xx

Steph said...

As usual, a stunning card, Sarita! I love the big swirl stamp and the gorgeous flowers you always use!! Great idea to create your own backgrounds and they look just as fab as paper! xx

Linda said...

Beautiful Sarita, love it. linda x

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Just fantastic and well worth the effort! I love the SK image, so sweet and the flowers are gorgeous. Just a beautiful card!
Judy x

Mandi said...

FABULOUS...not that your cards are ever anythign else Sarita...good luck with the New Years resolution hehehe xx

Kirsten said...

Beautiful card. I love the flowers & the swirl is terrific. Kirsten.

Linda said...

Hi Sarita, am back again. Just to ask you where did you get the embellishments from, whats in the middle of your flowers. linda x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Sarita, another stunning card hun, i don't know how you do it. You have inspired me to do the same, and get my background stamps. I will be glad to get the christmas cards out of the way so i can get more creative. Thank you for sharing with us Linda x

Kathleen said...

A beautiful card Sarita. Know what you mean about those stamps!!!
Will try and get mine out in the New Year when I start on my next batch of non-Christmas cards!

BTW you've been tagged!!
Have a look on my blog for the details.
Kathleen xx

Tara said...

Well you've got me itching to give this a go now Sarita, inspired as always. This is such a beautiful, delicate card!
Only trouble with your idea is I'll be on the look out now for lots of new background stamps, so won't be saving any money at all, lol!!! xx

Kim Piggott said...

Just so stunning!
I really love that background paper. I totally agree we forget about the stamps we have sometimes. Thanks so much for the reminder and the wonderful inspiration your card is so gorgeous. I love your image and your added detail is quite perfect.
hugs
kim x

Sue said...

Gorgeous Sarita, as usual. Yes, I have to agree, I have lots of stamps I've never used. You may well have started a craze of stamping our own backgrounds.

Rica said...

Gorgeous as usual, love and truly inspirational.
Have left you something on my blog.
hugs Heather xx

katy said...

Well what can i say Sarita that has'nt been said already ? It's a beautiful card...i adore the background its sumptious..not sure i spelt that right,lol, but you know what i mean. I sent you a pm via DC earlier, i'm having real trouble with my blogger link to you...it's been playing up for a while:( It's just a question about some swirl diecuts you sent to me, it's the ones i've used on the card for Tara on my blog... Hope to be back soon, have a lovely weekend xx

Marcea said...

Thankyou so much for stopping by my blog earlier. I am delighted you did because now I can see your stunning creations. This is beautiful hun, I love everything single thing about it!!
-x-