Saturday, 9 August 2008

Papertake weekly challenge-sketch # 8


Here is my first attempt at Katharina's sketch challenge, which was made against all the odds. Now I know that you should never multi task whilst trying to make card, but I did nevertheless. As I was trying to assemble my card in my craft room, I was trying to use my papershredder to shred some old bank statements at the same time. Suddenly the top of the shredder came off....well, you have never seen so many bits of paper in your life!! It went EVERYWHERE. I called hubby in desperation, who after coming in and seeing my distraught face said "ooh that's a nice effect isn't it??!! He did however offer to clear it all up if I went and prepared some raspberries and icecream. Sounds like a deal to me!

16 comments:

Crafty Sarah said...

This is stunning. Such pretty colours and papers and the image is gorgeous xx

Sue said...

Hi Sarita, just found your blog. I have admired all your beautiful cards on the Do-Craft site, it's so nice to see them on here. I will be a frequent visitor.x

Alex said...

Lol you gotta laugh, bless him

So funny though I can almost imagine the scene now, he he

Beautiful card, must try and track some of these stamps down me thinks, lol

Hugs

Alex xx

Sue said...

Just found your blog Sarita and wanted to say hi.

I have been admiring all your beautiful cards on the Do-craft site and will be dropping by your blog frequently.x

Sue said...

Sorry I may have sent your two messages, only realised it has to be approved when I sent you a second message.oops.

Tara said...

Gorgeous card and I love the way you've cut your fern leaves from your background paper! xx

Linda said...

The cards are beautiful. See you got your date sorted. linda x

Bev said...

Oh my goodness, this is so stuningly beautiful - the colours are amazing

Whimsey said...

Oh I love this image; I just bought 2 myself....but have yet to use them. Did you mount yours on EZ Mount foam; or leave as is?

Glad you found my blog which in turn makes me glad I found yours! Stunning work!!

steph said...

AWW that's so pretty! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Love to Doodle! said...

Have just found your blog!! Amazing and beautiful creations you have here....love your colour choices - all really fab!

Crafty Wanderings said...

Great card - Lovely colours!

I love the lace down the side of the image and the leaves you have cut to go with your flowers!

Altogether it's stunning!
Ruth x

All Pink girl said...

Wow what a fabulous card so gorgeous ,Dawnx

Han said...

This is amazing love the colours xx

kerry said...

Sooooooo pretty Sarita! This is such a beautiful card, I love it!!!
Kerry xxx

Heather said...

Hi Sarita, thanks for all your messages amd comments - I've picked them up from all over the place, I've been leaving them all over the place as well, I don't know if you've found them all yet! Bit like a treasure hunt insn't it?
Love the card - its gorgeous.
I'll put you on my blog roll - the easiest way to keep in touch I think. Hugs Heather xxx