Saturday, 16 August 2008

Papertake Weekly Challenge "Button It!"




This is my card design for the Papertake Weekly Challenge "Button It!" I had recently downloaded the fantastic new leopard print design from Pink Petticoat, and printed it off with a blue background, but then wasn't sure what other colours to put with it. I happened to have some mauve card lying around on my worktop, and thought it looked quite good with the leopard print. After adding the mauve I thought it need something extra and just happened to have some lime green tassels on the worktop too and hey presto a new colour scheme was born! The cord covered button was from an old coat so I did a bit of recycling too! The image of course is one of Kerry Jo's lovely creations (forgot to do link so please see blog list for Kerry Jo's link!) Apologies as well for the flecks of glitter-I forgot to clean if off the card before I photographed it!

13 comments:

Tara said...

This looks fab Sarita, your paper is very sassy and matches the image perfectly! xx

Kim Piggott said...

Hi, Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and leaving your lovely comment. It has given me the chance of visiting yours and it is awesome!
You have such a collection of fabulous cards, each one so unique and special. I too will visit again soon.
kim x

Christine (the artist formerly known as Heather) said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous...

Lovely colour mix!

Chris xx

katy said...

WoW what a zingy green,it looks fab Sarita xx

juliejules said...

Gorgeous card Sarita, LOVE it! Jules xx

kerry said...

Oooo la la!!! This is fab Sarita!
I love that pp & as always your colour scheme is brilliant!
Fab recycling of the button & the tassels really do finish the card off!
Kerry xxx

Heather said...

Hi Sarita,
Thanks for visits and lovely comments.
Love this one, the colours works brilliantly (contrary to expectations).
Production line in action by the way!
Heather xxx

steph said...

Great card Sarita! Thanks for joining us for the challenge1 x

Shelly said...

Hi Sarita! What a lovely surprise to find your message on my blog today, and thanks for the comments you made about my cards! I was in the UK 2 weeks ago and have to say the weather was rubbish, rain and more rain! It's nice and sunny here in France so I can't complain. Your cards are fab too, I love the little tassle you've added to this one and the papers are fab too!

Hope you pop by to my blog again soon. Have a nice day (sun or no sun)! ;o)

Shelly x

Becky Stewart said...

What a gorgeous card & thanks for your lovely comments on my blog - I've loved having a look around yours.

Sandra said...

Hi,gorgeous card,lovely colour scheme,love this stamp...
Sandra x

Vicky said...

Fab card Sarita. I love the striking colours you've used and especially the Kerry Jo image. I keep saying it but I really must get some of these images!
Hugs, Vicky x

Bev said...

Oh my goodness!! This is just so stunning Sarita - I absolutely love it!! The colours are so gorgeous! Love those tassels.

You wanted to know where I got the centres for my flowers, I got them at an Egg Craft exhibition in Dallas about 8 years ago.